Start-up Entrepreneur Programme (“STEP”)
The Start-up Entrepreneur Programme (“STEP”) was established by the Irish Government to stimulate investment in the innovative economy.
Purpose of the programme
Non-EEA investors (and immediate families) who invest €50k (min) in a High Potential Start Up (HPSU) via the STEP scheme can apply for residency for up to 5 years.
In addition a 12 month immigration permission is available for:
- Entrepreneurs attending HPSU incubators/innovation bootcamps in Ireland to
assist preparation of a STEP application
- Students who graduate with advances Science/Technology/Engineering and Maths degrees in Ireland and wish to prepare for a STEP application
HPSU’s businesses are defined as:
- Innovative and export focused
- Capable of creating 10 jobs in Ireland
- Realising €1,000k in sales within 3/4 years
- Led by experienced management team
- HQ’d and controlled in Ireland
- Less than 6 years old
Key Requirements for Applicants
- A comprehensive business plan to support the business proposal
- Statement of character from relevant authorities
- Proof of funding of €50,000 from one or a mix of the sources below;
- Their own resources
- A business loan
- Business Angel/Venture Capital funding
- Grant from an Irish State Agency
Non-EEA nationals seeking residency under the scheme should contact the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service and complete an application form.
A non-refundable application fee of €350 is required.
What Questions Do You Have?
We are happy to help. Please post your comment below or contact our friendly and knowledgeable team on 01 677 9000.
To keep in touch, connect with us on Linkedin.
If this article helped you, please share it with other businesses.